these are the old rules from 2020, new ones coming soon…
Hammabowl is played by the official NAF-rules for tournaments in 2020 (NAF-rules) with the following clarifications / expections:
- The new Lizard positional Chameleon is permitted.
- The additional races Slann, Daemons of Khorne and Bretonnians are permitted.
- Golden Era Starplayers from Spike! magazins are not allowed.
- Only the Starplayers from the Head Coach Handbook are allowed, retired stars that are not included in this list, such as Glart jr, or Zara, are no longer permitted.
- No „Illegal Procedures“ or 4-minutes rule will be used. Please keep in mind that your match will be forced to stop when the time limit is up.
- No Special Play Cards are allowed.
- Piling on skill does not cost a reroll.
In addition, the following basic tournament rules apply:
- We play 6 games according to the resurrection style of play.
- All injuries are healed after every game, no SPPs, no changing Fan Factor, no Winnings.
- The pairings of Game 1 are determined at random. After that we will continue to use the swiss system.
- All coaches start each game with the same roster and skills they registered before the tournament.
- Coaches with Undead and Necromantic teams will be allowed to resurrect dead opponents, but will only be allowed to use them in the same game they have resurrected them.
- There will be no fanfactor increase, no winnings and no gaining of starplayerpoints. Any additional skills or spend money do/does not count towards the teamvalue.
- All fielded miniatures should be painted and the positions of the players must be clearly recognizable.
All games have a timelimit of 2 hours and 15 minutes. If a match has not progressed into the second half after 1 hour and 15 minutes, the coaches will be asked to use a chessclock with the remaining time divided evenly between both. Under these circumstances, if either coach requests a chessclock, his opponent has to agree to that.
If any coach requests a chessclock before the last hour of the current round, the use will be determined by a ruling from a referee or by both coaches agreeing to it.
All chessclocks must be approved by a referee at the table with both coaches present.
If a coache’s time is spend he is only allowed to stand up any downed players and roll over his stunned players.
The gametime ends when the time for both coaches is spend or by a referee’s ruling, regardless of how much official playtime remains for this round. After this, if any turns remain, the game is ended immediately.
- 1100k gold to be used for standard team building and inducements
- A minimum of 11 players and a maximum of 16 are to be rostered. Star players can only be bought once 11 players are bought and a star player cannot take the roster to 17 players.
- 0-8 Re-Rolls
- Assistant coaches
- 0-1 Apothecary or Igor, depending on race
- 0-9 Fan Factor
- Inducements. The cost will be as following and will count for all 6 games:
- 0-2 Bloodweiser Kegs for each 50 k
- 0-3 Bribes for 100k each, for Goblins 50k each
- 0-1 Master chef for 300k, for Halflings 100k
- 0-1 NAF-approved star players for their regular cost
The additional cash as listed below cannot be combined with the initial team creation budget. This additional cash can be spend on additional skills, players, star players, inducements, assistant coaches, cheerleaders or fan factor.
The cost of the additional skills are:
- 20k for normal skills
- 30k for double skills
- maximum one player in each team can stack an additional skill, the second skill costs 30k. Both skills have to be normal skills
- maximum one player in each team from tier 1-3 can have one double skill
- maximum two players in each team from tier 4-6 can have one double skill
- star players may not receive additional skills
- the Skill “Piling On” will be used according to Death Zone 1, i.e. Team Re-Roll is required.
- Initial budget and additional cash are discrete. First You need to spend initial budget and then get additional cash. But as mentioned above additional cash can still be used to buy Fan Factor for example.
- At the end in the roster there can be 0-1 NAF-approved star players (stars that can be taken only as a pair (for example The Swift Twins) count as a 1 NAF-approved star player)
Skill stacking or stat upgrades are not allowed.
Tier 1 – 100k for skills/players/star players/inducements
Amazons, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Lizardmen, Norse, Wood Elves, Undead
Tier 2 – 120k for skills/players/star players/inducements
Chaos Dwarves, Orcs, Skaven, Necromantc
Tier 3 – 140k for skills/players/star players/inducements
Bretonnians, Humans, Chaos
Tier 4 – 170k for skills/players/star players/inducements
Chaos Renegades, Elf Union, High Elves, Khemri, Nurgle, Slann
Tier 5 – 200k for skills/players/star players/inducements
Daemons of Khorne, Underworld Denizens, Vampires
Tier 6 – 230k for skills/players/star players/inducements
Goblins, Halfings, Ogres
Roster and more
All coaches should bring two copies of their roster, dices, templates and a copy of the CRP.
Please send in your roster (with NAF name, NAF number) after the registration as fast as possbile. This will help us in running the tournament smoothly.
The following distribution will be used:
- Win = 3 Points
- Draw = 1 Point
- Loss = 0 Points
Conceding a match will count as 2:0 victory with 2:0 casualties for your opponent in addition to any TDs and Casualties scored in the match.
In case Coaches have the same score, the following tiebreakers take effect (in order top to bottom):
- Opponent Score (only for final standings)
- net touchdowns + net casualties
- net touchdowns
- net casualties
- scored tochdowns
There will be a team of referees at the venue to help solve problems if they arise. Feel free to contact one of the referees if you are not able to solve a situation with your opponent by yourself. The referees will also keep track of game time and if your match is not progressing fast enough you will be asked to use a chess clock or similar. All coaches should bring a timer or app to use if necessary to keep matches on time. We will always try to find a solution for every problem that is balanced for both coaches, but any decision by a referee is final.
The following titles await you:
- Hammabowl Champion
- Second Place
- Last Place (Wooden Spoon)
- Best stunty (if 2 or more Stunty Teams attend) Stunty Teams are: Goblins, Halflings, Lizardmen without Saurus, Ogre with 4 or less Ogres
- Most Touchdowns
- Most Casulties
- Best Defence (least Touchdowns scored against you)
- Most entertaining team (most suffered casualties)
- Best painted Team
In addition, we will award small prices throughout the tournament.
10:00 – 10:30 Uhr: Registration
10:30 – 10:45 Uhr: Greetings / Introduction
10:45 – 13:00 Uhr: Game 1
13:00 – 14:00 Uhr: Break
14:00 – 16:15 Uhr: Game 2
16:30 – 18:45 Uhr: Game 3
09:00 – 11:15 Uhr: Game 4
11:30 – 13:45 Uhr: Game 5
13:45 – 15:00 Uhr: Break
15:00 – 17:15 Uhr: Game 6
17:30 – 18:00 Uhr: Award-Ceremony